We are here> EVERY Wednesday between 10.00am and 3.00pm. We support Asylum Seekers, Refugees, destitute Asylum Seekers and their families.
We are all volunteers, except one funded caseworker. We are noted for going 'the extra mile' and on the other 6 days we provide many services outside of the actual drop-in.
- Meeting our service users off site to complete vital paperwork.
- Accompanying and supporting our service users at Home Office appeals, recently at Manchester, Bradford and Liverpool.
- Visiting those in detention and arranging representation for them.
- Delivering food to those to infirm to collect from us.
- Making travel plans and buying travel tickets and meeting them at Bus and Train stations.
- Collecting food and delivering food and donated items.
- Visiting organisations and speaking about the life of an Asylum seeker and how we at D.P. help.
- Teaching English in other premises.
- Obtaining accommodation for those homeless.
- Collecting and taking them to doctors and hospital appointments.
- Collecting and delivering furniture for those newly accommodated. Paying for items where necessary.
We have connections with Manchester night shelters and are trying with Bolton, City of Sanctuary to set up a night shelter in Bolton. We are founder members of Bolton, City of Sanctuary who do marvellous work. https://bolton.cityofsanctuary.org/
We have links with BAND who specialise in mental health issues and visit us and support our clients: http://www.band.org.uk/
The BHA attend us and help with our clients medical needs. https://www.thebha.org.uk
We have many activities at the drop-in - find out more here >